Friday 25 January 2013

Why The United Kingdom does it Best

Ever since I was a little girl my father would play his favourite bands (Journey, The Eagles, Three Dog Night, Gene Pitney and countless others) as loud as he could. We would sing along and dance like idiots. This is where I learned to love music.

Once I was old enough I started to play piano, sing anywhere I could, write lyrics and play any other instrument I could get my hands on (even if I wasn't always that good). My love of music became more of an obsession. Music can speak to everything you are going through. When you're happy, you can find a song that makes it even better. And, when it hurts, music can relate to that pain.

My love of music is not exclusive to the UK scene. I am in love with lyrics that say something real and important, music that digs deep inside of you and artists that truly feel the music. These abilities are not exclusive to UK artists. Some of my favourite bands and singers are from the US, Canada, Australia, even Japan. I am not biased towards the UK. What I appreciate about the UK music scene is that it embraces so many different styles of music. It is not cookie-cutter.

So, I have decided to take my obsession to the internet. The rest of the world needs to know about the amazing artists that are popping up on the UK scene. These artists are making music worth listening to and North Americans need to know these names.

3 comments:

  1. I love music too! I mean, I think I would be dead without it - there's never a silent moment in my house with a stereo in every room (always on). I look forward to your recommendations! I'm always trying to expand my exposure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool topic. I'm excited to read more. Maybe you can link some of the songs on your blog? That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for more UK invasion...they do everything best, music, TV, accents...love it all!!

    ReplyDelete